Sunday, September 27, 2009

Amazing Love

As a Christian I know He loves me. But to even begin to wrap my mind around the depth of His love stumps me every time. I was thinking recently about His love, trying to grasp just a piece of it and was considering creation. Every bit of beauty, the creativity, the mystery, the awe and wonder was created with His children in mind. When he threw brillant color in the sky He was thinking of His children and wanting to create peaceful beauty so we might be blessed. When he created peculiar and silly animals I imagine he wanted us to giggle and be amazed at His creativity.

He created all of this knowing His childern would reject Him. He loved me enough to create me even though he knew His Son would have to die for my pride and self-love.

How His heart must have grieved when the seed of a tree, a tree that would one day become His Son's crucifixtion cross was planted. That tree must have been planted in the ground long before Jesus walked on this earth. God knew before the world did what that tree would become and he still allowed it to grow. I imagine that when he caused thunderstorms to blow by that tree He must have wanted to knock it down, but he didn't. He let that tree grow strong and tall and mighty until one day it was big enough to cut down and kill His Son on.

Why? He did it all for me and you and all of His children. Oh, how great His love is for us!

"God demonstrates His own love for us in this, while we were still sinners Christ died for us." Romans 5:8

0 comments: