Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Each moment

I found myself welling up with tears today while cleaning the kitchen counter. Why, you ask? I was listening to some Christian music while going about my day to day mommy tasks and was struck by the lyric, "Each moment is a gift from you to live." Cleaning counters, loading and unloading the dishwasher, picking up kids from school, making dinner are all gifts of life from my heavenly Father. This gift of living and breathing, of cleaning countertops is worship. My life, my living is evidence of His life-giving power. Oh, how I was able to celebrate and praise Him that I am alive because He sustains me. He is glorified when I clean countertops when I acknowledge that each moment is a gift of life from the Life-giver.

#59 Breathing...again and again. He sustains my life.

#60 Cleaning countertops. Each moment of this life.

0 comments: