Sunday, September 6, 2009

Surprise

Last night Ryan went to a Husker party at our neighbor's house. She loves dogs and happened to be fostering a dog that was waiting to be adopted. Ryan fell in love with the dog and without any warning went over to her house today to see if we could just "try out" the dog for the afternoon. Well, as many of you probably know "trying out" a dog rarely works. Hallie immediately said, "I just love this dog. She is so soft and beautiful. She would be perfect in our family. I PROMISE to take care of her. I will clean up her poop and feed her and take her on walks..." Oh my! Giving the dog back would mean breaking my little girl's heart. Well, we have had many conversations about responsibility and Hallie seems like she is on board to help out with this dog. I really, really hope that I can tell you she is helping out a month from now. We'll see! Anyway, Hallie named the dog, Jewels because our neighbor Julie gave her to us and because she has one blue (like a jewel) eye. Here is a video of our new dog!


#61 Surprises!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

we "tried out" a dog before too. and had the same results. i hope that all the time it spends entertaining the kids (so you don't have to) makes up for the time you'll end up doing the work hallie promised to do!