Tuesday, September 1, 2009

The Prayer Chair

#58
Many of you know that I love the inspiration from the blog, Holy Experience. Recently, I have been impacted by Ann's words and wisdom about prayer. She reminded me that it isn't the prayer that's powerful but Who we pray to. She reminded me that sometimes in my effort to get everything done the right way what I really need to do is stop and pray to the One that can actually make a difference.

Ann's family has a place that is designed for quiet reflection, a place to go when they need rest and prayer. I know this can be done at anytime and anywhere, but sometimes setting apart a place can help quiet a heart and mind. So, using this family's idea we have created in our home, "The Prayer Chair." After explaining the prayer chair and placing a basket of Bibles and a cross near it I found Jacob resting and reading. Oh, how sweet! For over twenty minutes my little, five year old boy poured over Bible pictures, occasionally asked questions and when Zac tried to get his attention he said, "Not now Zac, this is my rest time." He was resting in Jesus.

My hope is that "The Prayer Chair" will become a popular place to stop, reflect, pray, submit, read and rest in Jesus.

1 comments:

Carey and Norman said...

What a wonderful idea! Thanks for sharing.

I've caught up too. Your children make me smile!